Thursday, December 2, 2010

cone of shame


Poor Lena.  She has a boo-boo and I had break down and take her to the vet yesterday. I was trying to avoid it--not only because one cannot visit the vet without spending the same sum as a dinner for four at Mozza, but I fancy myself somewhat of a pup nurse. I've performed minor surgery on her, pulling small twigs out of her back and plugging up the hole with neosporin or removing a tick (A TICK!!!!) with my good Tweezerman tweezers while David stood by, mouth agape. Alas, this current affliction required a true professional.

After working their magic on said boo-boo, and whisking her away to give her a bunch of shots and random tests back in "the back", Our Pal has to wear this cone for the next couple days. She's a champ but it still breaks my heart (and also makes me have to stifle laughter) every time she scrapes against a wall.


David has a cold so we will keep his germs inside of his own Cone of Shame. What do you think? Also--this way he'll stop licking himself.


Happy Thursday!
xo
jolie

P.S. Update: A guy already called me this morning: "We have the results back from Lena's fecal test!  She is intestinal-parasite free!!"  Me: "Awesome!"

2 comments:

  1. Good news. My cold went away pretty fast. I only had to wear the cone for two days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.P.S. You don't know how desperately we want to receive that phone call...

    ReplyDelete

print!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...