Slider

the remedy

Monday, April 4, 2011



This cold is wiping me out.

David and I made a grocery outing yesterday morning (this is a giant deal in itself: the two of us have only stepped foot in a grocery store together 6 times in 13 years) and in the span of 4 minutes in the produce section I had dropped 3 things, including a dry pint of grape tomatoes that went rolling everyplace.  Have you ever seen your significant other regard you with a combination of concern, disappointment and affection?  I have.  

I had such a loopy weekend.  I would have these waves of energetic motivation and begin cooking/photo projects, only to get halfway through and begin to peter out.  Looking around my kitchen in utter disarray just made me feel sicker.

Miraculously I rallied to finish  these scones from Smitten Kitchen.  OMG these were good.  I added an additional tablespoon sugar and also sanding sugar on top before baking.  I can not recommend these more!  I didn't take any pics because I was busy dropping things and acting weird.  But please go check them out on her site.




I did, however, take pictures of this elixir while I made it.  This is the best drink at any stage of a cold.  When you feel your defenses down, when you're knee-deep in it or on the happy upswing.  I suppose you could also drink this when you're perfectly healthy and are just craving a nourishing hot beverage.




Lemon Ginger Maple Remedy
adapted from homeopathic ski pro Paul

Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 T maple syrup
1 inch of fresh ginger
Boiling water

Cut the skin off the ginger and then slice into little matchsticks.  Combine lemon juice, syrup and ginger pieces in a large mug.  Add boiling water.  Stir.

When you get down to the ginger pieces, nibble on them if desired.

Feel better!




Thanks for all the well-wishes, everybody.  I hope this helps all of you out there who have been under the weather too...

xoox
jolie

2 comments:

  1. mmm...what a cup o' comfort! my taste buds aren't entirely reliable right now, after 4 weeks of congestion and cough, but this is so soothing! and the usual lemon & honey combo can be too sweet, whereas this just *feels* healthy:) thanks for hooking me up with the remedy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that you are under the weather. I was just at the (stupid -- I don't know why I hate going so much) grocery store and wish I'd thought to get some ginger. I feel fine but that drink looks good, and would go well with the 10,000 IUs of vitamin D I'm supposed to be taking (Oregon vitamin D depletion -- my doctor told me I was waaaaaay too low -- rickets! -- ack! :-)

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan