Slider

kale to the chief (boo)

Wednesday, August 17, 2011


I was walking Lena in my 'hood this morning and noticed that a handful of my neighbors are stockpiling city-issued garbage bins. Isn't it ironic that a hoarder who hoards trash cans needs to throw away a lot of stuff? Think about that one.


I am hoarding kale.


I've been so into kale of late and I know I'm not alone. I did a grilled kale post on the blog recently but I think I like this roasting method even better. We've been eating these kale chips like potato chips over here. They are fantastic as a cocktail accompaniment. Or as a potato chip accompaniment.


Spicy Kale Chips

This method produces some super crispy pieces and some crunchy/wilty pieces. I really like the variety of texture but if you want all crispy, use two baking sheets and make sure the kale is in a single layer.

One bunch kale (any variety)
About 1T olive oil
Good sea salt
Crushed red pepper (optional)

Preheat oven to 375. Wash and de-rib the kale and then tear the leaves into large pieces. Toss on a baking sheet with about 1T olive oil (just eyeball it as you drizzle), sprinkle with salt and red pepper to taste. Roast for 7 minutes, toss, and then stick it back into the oven for another 5 minutes. Season more if needed. Eat immediately. As if you could wait. Another option? Sprinkle with Old Bay. So good.


Happy Wednesday:)
xoox
jolie

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan