Slider

pajama game

Friday, January 7, 2011


Ahoy, Mateys! I bought this cutest anchor top at Urban O and when I started wearing it about town, DP was a smidge mortified, thinking I was wearing pajamas out in the Real World. The funny thing is, he sees me walking our dog daily in any number of sleepwear combinations. I swear, my neighbors must think I'm a Crazy Lady. (Couple that with the bad umbrella and it just worsens.) If you see a blonde, bed-headed dog walker in my 'hood who looks altogether homeless save some Prada sunglasses, it's Yours Truly.

Perhaps it's because I have to get all gussied up for auditions all the time and that usually feels like work to me. So in the off times, my ideal outfit is one that can be worn all day, into bed at night for sleeping (simply remove the bra), then straight to walk the dog the next morning (simply add sunglasses). No muss, no fuss. I've been known to wear sleepwear out in the world and sleep in actual clothes so when DP started harping on me about the anchor top, I didn't really get it.

Cut to: The other night.  We were crawling into bed:

DP: "See? This is why I think that anchor top looks like PJs--because the pajama top you're wearing right now looks so similar."

Me: "This shirt's not PJs either."

DP: "It's not?"

Me: "Nope. It's J. Crew. It's a thermal shirt."

DP: "Are you bragging about it?"

Me: "Maybe."

3 comments:

  1. Adorable. I'm about to debut a new shirt as well. Take care & stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel ya', sister. I've gone so far as to wear pj bottoms, a huge sweatshirt and galoshes to our neighborhood market. And they LOVED it! Or at least they found it "very unusual"... xop

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I never thought I would get the opportunity to tell you about my candy pants... they are (yup) jammie pants. Picture a black knit pant with pics of hard candy on them (Old Navy). When my husband's friend calls me "CANDY PANTS!" in public no one knows its because he comes over so much that I don't care if I am wearing my jammies at 6pm... : ) Yay for jammie stories! And exposure!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan