Slider

fun with demons

Thursday, August 18, 2011


I had a NUTSO (and awesome) audition last week for a new fall TV show that required my character undergo a demon possession.  I love these kinds of auditions because you can't draw from life experience or sense memory to get you there-it's pure imagination and play.  Plus, it's ridonkulous.

In the scene my character has been in a catatonic state for 15 years and is just now coming to.  She's "normal" for half the scene and then a demon enters her body and she attacks.  But before the demon fully takes over, she warns the other person in the scene: "Run....before I kill you!"  Shortly thereafter the script says:

She lunges.  All demon.  

Aw, yeah.

My good friend and audition-rehearsal buddy Eyal and I were trying to work out that lunging moment (he thought it would be awesome if I lunged past frame of the camera at the actual audition) and so we shot that snippet of the scene in my living room as a test.  It is marginally bad acting, but it cracks me UP every time I watch it because I am thisclose to laughing.  This is how a professional works out the kinks, people.  You're getting a true behind-the-scenes window in!

Click here:
Demon Possession Rehearsal

xoxo
jolie

3 comments:

  1. It's taken me a while to post a comment, basically because I've been pretty terrified. I guess what I'm trying to say here is - job well done.

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan