Slider

looooooooove

Friday, February 14, 2014







In doing a modicum of research, I learned that Saint Valentine was a priest, martyred in 269. He is the Patron Saint of engaged couples, bee keepers, epilepsy, fainting, greetings, happy marriages, love, lovers, plague, travelers, and young people. Yep. So if you are engaged to an underaged, epileptic bee keeper, score! If not, I have a few suggestions:

1. Marry yourself #1, #2

2. Read these wonderful words my Facebook friend, Micah Herman wrote. I couldn't have said it better myself:

"...Instead of thinking about the love we don't have, let's think about that which we do. Yes, it's sold to the masses as a Hallmark holiday, but at its core Valentine's Day is something much more meaningful. A celebration of love in all its forms: love of family, friends, ourselves, nature… There's already enough hate and disconnection in the world, isn't there? A day to celebrate the other end of it is a beautiful thing.

So if you're not on a romantic dinner [on Valentine's], take a moment to cherish and honor the family and friends that make your life a loving one instead. Opening up yourself to love and being loved in all its forms is what February 14th is truly about."


3. Eat more pink and or chocolate food like Very Berry Steel-Cut Oats and Pomegranate Cosmos and Chocolate Banana Cupcakes and Chocolate Sables with Sea Salt. (I'm throwing Red Wine Braised Short Ribs in here because red.)

4. Read about Valentine's Day around the world.

5. Taken? See if you're a good match with this love calculator.

One of the things I love most in my life is writing and creating this blog. So the fact that you are sitting there reading it right now is a joy and a delight to me. So thank you. Love to you. I mean it.

Happy Valentine's Day:)
xoxo
jolie

P.S. The recipe for these pink donut cookies is here--add sprinkles immediately after frosting!

2 comments:

  1. such a great list! also, those doughnuts…oh my goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure hope Miss Lena received a love gift in the form of a few of those doughnuts!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan