Slider

heavy/full heart

Saturday, December 15, 2012








I sat and sat here yesterday with a cookie recipe all ready to go and just didn't know what to say alongside it. My heart was so heavy and sad pondering events in Connecticut that it didn't feel right to trudge forward with a lighthearted or funny post. And even though it sorta felt like that was what we all most needed, there was no way I could wrap my head around writing it. I woke up today and thought a lot about my life. And those I love. And tried to turn my helpless feeling into something proactive. Even in the smallest way. And as hackneyed as it sounds, it brought tears to my eyes to realize the thing we can do is love fully and appreciate each other and extend kindnesses. These horrifying things that happen have the power to shake us awake and remind us that this is our one precious life. It's a tiny tiny tiny silver lining that is giving me a sliver of peace and comfort today. 


Wishing you peace and love.
Jolie

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan