Slider

8th grade yearbook

Friday, June 22, 2012


In my mom's recent move, a storage unit time capsule was upended and a few of my moldy yearbooks tumbled out. It was awesome looking at them after all these years. My favorite was 8th grade. The hair! The clothes! In the late 80s we girls were SO not dressed how 14-year-olds dress now. Aside from the crunchy bangs and bright eyeliner, we were conservative and kid-like in mostly baggy T-shirts and sneakers (with giant scrunched socks, natch). We were such babies but thought of ourselves as serious grown-ups. I mean next year was the big time: High School. After reading it cover-to-cover, it seems we were all most concerned with:

Not being phoned
Others losing their sweetness and/or beauty
Everyone's Summer becoming an awful tragedy



I grabbed some of my favorite entries for your reading pleasure. The names have been changed to protect the guilty. All spelling and punctuation remains unabridged. Enjoy!!:


Jolie,
Have a great summer lady. I hope your hair gets real blonde. Braces suck. Well tell your dad I said hi. You better call me. We should do something over the summer. See you at the beach. My little blonde.
Charlie
P.S. Hang in there.

Jolie,
I have not had many classes with you but I think you are really nice. I'll see you at the Beach. What a ripper. Call me.
Tim

Jewels,
You are a good friend and I thak you for that I hope I see you next I'll Just Look for a groupe of guys Stay Sweet
Love,
Bobby

Jolie,
It's been a fun year knowing you, and being friends. See you at TP next year. Keep up the PASE (positive attitude super effort) and stay beautiful.
Love you lots,
Susan
P.S. Call me!!

Jolie,
Have a good summer you are very nice. Keep up the smiles even though you got braces. Don't worry you will forget about them in a week.
Love,
Erin

Jolinski,
Have a dugee-Fresh. Don't worry about the braces. They look cool! Invite me over to your house and I will terrorize it. (Kidding.)
Dave

Jolie,
Glad I got to know you (wish we would have gone out) but still like you a lot. Stay sweet.
Fred

Jolie,
I'm sorry too that we didn't say too much this year. but you've been great anyway Thanx for everything. Keep in touch (CALL ME),
Meg

Jollie <------HA HA
I luv your leadership dedication. I hope you continue to be just as successful at everything!
Luv Ya,
Sally

Jolie,
Mrs. Kane sucks, Finally out of this shit whole. It's been fun most of the time like at the beach and parties. I'll see you.
Sean


Jolie,
It's been great having you in Science. You've always been really nice and sweet. Stay that way. When some people said you were a snob I told them they were wrong. Good luck in the future.
John


As you can see by the buck teeth, this photo was taken before the aforementioned braces were administered.

Have a great Summer!
Stay Sweet!
Call me!
Jolie

2 comments:

  1. I remember that girl! :)
    Beautiful, sweet, smart, strong and wise beyond her years. Oh, she hasn't changed a bit! XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it! the awkward 'end of the year' messages are the best. makes me want to look at mine from back in the day.

    TTYS! Call me! Don't ever change!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan