Slider

love on the rocks

Saturday, July 6, 2013











To give you an idea of how busy it's been over here, Lena's retractable leash broke about a week ago and so we fastened two belts together to build her a makeshift one. (Ghetto, anyone?) Several days into this awkward belt-walking, I finally remembered to order a new leash on Amazon only now it's lost in shipping. I can't even deal with it. Thank goodness Lena is so understanding. And since all I can do is stress-eat and -drink lately, my pants have no chance of falling down sans belt.  So..........win/win??

Anyway.

All this to say that I've been meaning to post these pictures forever. Weeks ago, my sweet Mom and I had a couple hours together in LA and we spent them lunching and strolling around LACMA. I've been dying to see Levitated Mass, a 340 ton chunk of granite that, in an incredible feat of transportation and engineering, is suspended above a subterranean walkway. It was unveiled about a year ago and I had a mild interest then, but something's happened in the last couple months--I've become completely obsessed with visiting. It did not disappoint--there is some serious power in being near/under that piece of earth. It's just cool.

The last time I was at LACMA this happened so it was nice to be there in the light of day this time, not trying to stave off slumber:)

Happy 4th of JULY! Did everyone have a fun Holiday? I hope so. And here it is the weekend, too!  Bonus!

xoxo
jolie

P.S. This. Nylons????
P.P.S. Looking for a strawberry dessert? These are amazing.

2 comments:

  1. YOU ARE INVITED TO FOLLOW MY CHRISTIAN BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  2. A balancing rock in earthquake country = temporary art :)

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan